Registrant Identification Number (RIN) Letters

Vehicles in Ontario can be held by a business - like a corporation or a sole proprietorship - instead of a person.

To register your vehicle to your business, you need a Registrant Identification Number (RIN) issued by ServiceOntario. Think of it as a Driver's Licence number for your business.

Your business only needs one RIN, regardless of the number of vehicles it will hold.

To get a RIN,
you must present a properly-drafted and notarized request letter to ServiceOntario, along with two items of mail sent to the registered address of your business.

Alternatively, you may have a RIN already and you wish to
change the registered address attached to it. If so, you need a different kind of notarized letter, along with two items of mail sent to the new registered address.

Select a button below to get your RIN letter drafted. You'll also get a chance to book your Notary Public appointment on the new page.
© 2017. Bytowne is a service by Afolabi Business Law Professional Corporation